Support for Television Production – Enhanced Production ValueProgramme d’aide à la production télévisuelle – Bonification de la valeur de production
April 16, 2021
Type of Aid
50%, up to $500,000 for projects based on original scripts; 75%, up to $750,000 for projects adapting a Quebec literary work or showcasing existing Quebec musical works
This program aims to enhance the production value of French-language television series in order to increase their commercial potential in markets outside Quebec through technical and artistic aspects (audiovisual), the adaptation of Quebec literary works, and the acquisition of rights to existing musical works.
Eligible projects include fiction, documentary and animated television series for young people, written and developed in French, and variety programs highlighting Quebec's cultural content. Television series projects must comply with the Act respecting the sectoral parameters of certain fiscal measures.
- For-profit companies
- Applicant companies must:
Be a legally constituted for-profit company with audiovisual production as its main activity
Have its head office and principal place of business in Quebec, and demonstrate that the effective control of the company is held by a majority persons having their tax residence in Quebec
Have been in operation for at least one year and have the appropriate professional experience in the production of television series
- Sole proprietorships are ineligible
- To be eligible, projects must meet all of the following criteria:
Project funding for the domestic market must be fully confirmed
Projects must demonstrate a strong commercial potential outside Quebec
The first release date of the project must be after the date of submission of the application
All production and development rights for the project are held by the applicant company
In addition to its confirmed financial structure for the national market, the project must present a separate enhanced financial structure for markets outside Quebec, detailing: increased investment by the applicant and the Canadian French language broadcaster; additional input from other public and private partners; the amount requested from SODEC; and the estimate of the additional portion of tax credits involved in financing
In addition to the production estimate for the domestic market, the project must submit a separate enhanced estimate for markets outside Quebec, detailing eligible expenses.
- Majority Quebec co-productions are also eligible for this program.
- Eligible companies may submit only one application for a single project to this program.
- Eligible companies may submit only one project per application.
- Only the expenses of the enhanced portion of the production estimate for the market outside Quebec are eligible
- Eligible expenses are mainly production, post-production and administrative expenses (limited to 10% of the estimate)
- Expenses related to the extension or acquisition of rights for markets outside Quebec are also eligible
- The completed and signed application form
- Applicant's declaration, confirming ownership of the rights to the television series as well as, if applicable, the rights to adapt the Quebec literary work and the rights of existing musical works
- A detailed estimate, indicating:
The part of the estimate for the national market
The part of the enhanced quote for the market outside Quebec
- The detailed financial structure, which distinguishes on two columns:
The part of the confirmed financial structure for the market national
The part of the enhanced financial structure for the market outside Quebec
- Confirmation of funding from other public or private partners for the part of the financial structure for the national market
- Letter(s) of commitment from the Canadian French-language broadcaster(s), specifying the amount of additional investment in the structure
- and any confirmation of commitment from public or private partners
- Documents required to open or update the master file, including:
Copies of the governing documents, certificate of constitution, articles of incorporation, declaration of registration, certificate of amendment and partnership or shareholders agreement (if applicable)
Shareholders and directors identification form
Organizational structures for the applicant company and, if applicable, any affiliated companies, including shareholders
Curriculum vitae of the applicant company’s executives