Exploration and Digital DeploymentExploration et déploiement numérique
Type of Aid
PLEASE NOTE: THE DEADLINE FOR THIS PROGRAM HAS PASSED. PLEASE WAIT FOR A NEW DEADLINE TO BE ANNOUNCED BEFORE APPLYING.
This program fosters the appropriation of digital technology by artists for the purposes of creation, dissemination, and promotion, and supports them in their efforts to optimize the discoverability of digital content. Preference will be given to innovative, lasting digital dissemination projects based on best practices and also to projects that focus on improving digital skills or optimizing the visibility of cultural content in the digital world by producing or using metadata to increase discoverability.
- Individual Artists
- Eligibility criteria:
Previous applicants to CALQ programs are automatically eligible for this program.
First time applicants must have participated in at least one production independent of or subsequent to education, have produced and disseminated at least one work of art publicly, or have published, at least one book or three texts in a literary genre eligible for the CALQ in a context recognized by peers.
Applicants cannot have more than five separate applications and receive a maximum of five grants per CALQ fiscal year, from April 1st to March 31st
Applicants cannot have more than three projects being considered, supported or under way at the same time.
- Not eligible:
Physically distanced performance projects.
Project commissioned for television.
Project related to television series and video clips.
Activities that have already been completed when the application is submitted.
- Candidate’s remuneration.
- Fees for participant artists and collaborators.
- Professional services, such as the production and formatting of metadata.
- Costs for the acquisition, installation and rental of digital equipment.
- Research expenses.
- Promotion expenses.
- Transportation expenses for supplies and equipment.
- Travel expenses for individuals.
- Other expenses related to the project’s realization. These must be detailed in the budget.
- Completed and signed application form with description of the project
- Complete and signed personal information form
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant (maximum of 3 pages)
- List of participant artists and collaborators and their CV
- Timetable for project realization
- Detailed budget
- List of equipment and software to be purchased
- Quote for any professional services required
- Press file
- Audiovisual supporting documents