Type of Aid
COVID specifications: Please refer to this document.
The program supports the participation of artists and curators across Québec, in Canada and internationally in activities that promote their career development and exposure. It also encourages searches for partners and new networks, as part of symposiums, conferences and relevant artistic and literary events, to support market development efforts and encourage new forms of artistic cooperation, in particular through coproduction and reciprocity agreements.
- Individual Artists
- Eligibility criteria:
Only individuals who carry out on their own an activity covered are eligible for financial aid.
Previous applicants to CALQ programs are automatically eligible for this program.
First time applicants must have participated in at least one production independent of or subsequent to education, have produced and disseminated at least one work of art publicly, or have published, at least one book or three texts in a literary genre eligible for the CALQ in a context recognized by peers.
Applicants should have health insurance for the whole extension of the trip.
Applicants cannot have more than five separate applications and receive a maximum of five grants per CALQ fiscal year, from April 1st to March 31st.
Applicants cannot have more than three projects being considered, supported or under way at the same time.
- Eligible projects and expenses:
Participation as a resource person in a conference or symposium.
Attendance for the public presentation of one’s work.
Prospecting activities supported by a schedule of meetings and appointments.
Participation in an audition or competition.
- Living expenses: maximum of $125 per day per participant in Canada and $200 per day per participant outside of Canada.
- Travel expenses.
- Travel-related expenses, such as vaccinations, visas, and insurance.
- Fees to translate excerpts of works.
- Expenses to ship equipment required for the project.
- Completed and signed application form with description of the project
- Complete and signed personal information form
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant (maximum of 3 pages)
- List of participant artists and collaborators and their CV
- Proof of invitation or registration
- Information on the structure of the host organization
- Press file