Type of Aid
100%, up to $50,000
COVID specifications: Please refer to this document.
The program supports artistic practices of professional artists and writers representative of cultural diversity. It encourages efforts to achieve full participation in Québec’s professional artistic and literary sectors, taking integration barriers into account.
- Individual Artists
- Applicant must:
Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and have resided in Quebec for the last 12 months.
Be a professional immigrant artist or writer and have been born outside Québec and Canada.
Be a member of a visible minority community, i.e. of African, Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin American or mixed racial heritage. Mixed racial heritage means belonging to one or more of the above groups.
Have participated in at least one production outside of his training, in a context recognized by his peers.
Have produced and disseminated at least one work of art publicly in a place and/or context recognized by his peers outside of his training.
- Eligible projects:
Projects of personal exploration, research, creation, production, dissemination, advanced training or travel projects;
Projects carried out in collaboration with a professional arts organization or a recognized professional artist or writer;
Creation or dissemination projects that make use of advanced technologies and resources.
- Candidate’s remuneration.
- Travel and living expenses (accommodation and per diems).
- Professional honoraria (artists, collaborators, freelancers, technicians, etc.).
- Purchase of materials.
- Rental of studios, halls and equipment.
- Transportation of materials and equipment.
- Promotion expenses.
- Completed and signed application form with description of the project
- Complete and signed personal information form
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant (maximum of 3 pages)
- List of participant artists and collaborators and their CV
- Written confirmation of the participants’ commitment, if applicable
- Press file
- In the case of development and advanced training grants: the letter of acceptance from a professor or a master artist.
- In the case of travel grants: a proof of registration or an invitation in the case of a project that calls for participation in a workshop, conference, colloquium, biennial event, festival, symposium or any other event of this kind