Call for Projects: Contest Run to Write your ShortAppel de projets Concours Cours écrire ton court
Type of Aid
Call for Projects
See documentation for full list of prizes
PLEASE NOTE: THE DEADLINE FOR THIS PROGRAM HAS PASSED. PLEASE WAIT FOR A NEW DEADLINE TO BE ANNOUNCED BEFORE APPLYING.
SODEC, in collaboration with Rendez-vous Québec Cinéma, REGARD Festival and the Société des auteurs de radio, télévision et cinéma (SARTEC), as well as L'inis as a training partner, is organizing "Run to Write your Short", a competition for emerging screenwriters of all ages.
The contest allows participants to better understand the fundamentals of screenwriting, while accelerating their professional development. Each selected screenwriter, seven in total, is accompanied by screenwriting advisors until the final version of their short film project is written. Participants also receive access to all events and professional accreditation for the Rendez-vous Québec cinéma and the Festival REGARD.
At the end of this process, various rewards are offered. The winner of the grand prize will receive $7,750 and a $100,000 production grant for the selected project to go into production. Other prizes include the $2,000 Prix SARTEC and $2,000 Prix WGC for the most accomplished French and English script respectively.
- Individual Artists
- Applicants must:
Be residents of Quebec for tax purposes for at least two (2) years.
Have experience deemed appropriate by SODEC. For example: have completed at least one audiovisual narrative work that has been professionally broadcast and recognized by SODEC.
Be the owner of all copyrights to the original material submitted as well as to any cinematographic work that may result from it.
The project submitted must be an original short fiction film, written in French or English.
Only one (1) project per person is accepted for this submission.
- Not elligible:
Applicants deemed too experienced by SODEC to be eligible for financial assistance under the emerging creation program, in particular by having already written a feature film professionally distributed and recognized by SODEC; or having already written a script for a project financed by SODEC under its production assistance program production assistance program (components 1 and 3).
Full-time students, except for the second and third university cycles, in all disciplines.
Applicants who have already been finalists in one of the previous editions of Cours écrire ton court.
Screenplays based on literary, theatrical or other adaptations and the types of projects identified in the exclusions of the emerging creation program.
- See documentation for full list of prizes in this document
- Completed SOD@ccès online application form
- Data collection form
- First dialogue version of the script (12 pages maximum, font 12, title page not included in the 12 pages)
- Synopsis (half a page maximum)
- Note of intent presenting the genesis of the project and the vision of the screenwriter (one page maximum)
- Motivation Document explaining how participation in contest is part of the career path of the applicant and what goals will achieve by participating (1,000 characters, including spaces)
- Abbreviated curriculum vitae describing the applicant's relevant experience without personal information other than names (two pages maximum)
- Filmography including links and locations of previous works
- scripted by the candidate or on which the candidate has collaborated on, if applicable (two pages maximum)
- Biography, background or presentation of the candidate (150 words)
- Photograph of the candidate ("professional identity photo" type)