Small- and Medium-Sized Tourism Business FundFonds tourisme PME
Ministère du Tourisme et des Loisirs
Type of Aid
Minimum of $25,000 up to $250,000 (possibility of investment beyond the maximum via a complementary loan)
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PROGRAM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. IT IS INCLUDED FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES.
This fund encourages investment in small- and medium-sized tourism businesses and promotes the emergence of innovative projects. It aims to increase companies’ competitiveness and innovation, attract new clients, and extend the period of activity for participating companies.
- For-profit companies
- Not-for-profit organizations
- This program covers:
Hunting and fishing outfitting operations
- Applicants’ main activities must take place in Quebec
- Applicants in a recovery process are ineligible
- Projects must have a capital outlay from sponsors between 15% and 25% of total cost or an equivalent capitalization
- Applicants must demonstrate experience and expertise relevant to their field as well as management skills
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential for a project and/or business’ long-term sustainability and relevance to tourism
- Capital expenditures (land, building, equipment, machinery, etc.)
- Costs related to acquiring technologies, software, etc.
- Working capital for a business’ first year of operations (for a launch or expansion)
- In exceptional cases, a capital outlay, or purchasing or buying back shares
- A business plan including a development plan and the expected financial arrangement
- Curriculum vitae for applicant and all important persons in the company
- Financial statements (in the case of an already established company)
- Financial forecasts
- Where necessary, a description of active contracts (clients, providers, associates, employees, etc.)